[Gdal-dev] reprojecting expedia (gpsdrive) maps

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Sep 5 08:51:04 EDT 2005

Hi everybody.
I've been having headackes on how to reproject
expedia maps (those downloaded by gpsdrive).

For the maps all I know is center coordinates (in degrees)
and a fantomatic "scale" value whose meaning is not
straight-forward for me to understand.

My idea is to reproject those map to an arbitrary projection,
ideally a common one to make them all visible on gis application
(longlat?).

It seems that what I initially need is a worldfile accompaining
the source images, then a value to use for -s_srs of gdalwarp, is
this correct so far ?

Did anyone have to do with expedia maps before, and is he willing
to help me ?

Thanks in advance

--strk;