[Gdal-dev] downsampling shapefiles ?

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Sat Sep 10 00:53:43 EDT 2005

I agree.  It would be nice to be able to render fewer points when my map
is zoomed way out.  I think arcmap does that kind of thing.  How does a
geometry simplification algorithm work?  Does it look for linear
patterns in the geometry and then somehow eliminate points based on some
sort of angle/distance tolerance?

Martin