[Gdal-dev] OGR support of E00

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:19:16 EDT 2005

Todd,

On 9/28/05, Todd.Southen at bentley.com <Todd.Southen at bentley.com> wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't look like OGR can open an
> E00 file directly. Is this true?

I don't think GDAL/OGR supports E00 directly. If you're dealing with vector
data you can use the AVCE00 library for that:

http://avce00.maptools.org/avce00/index.html

The "avcimport" command will allow you to convert an E00 to an ArcInfo
Coverage which can be read by OGR. It works reasonably well (although I've
had some rare cases when it failed to create a valid coverage).

I can't really speak to whether or not direct E00 support is planned for the
future.

Hope this helps,
--
Matt Perry