[Gdal-dev] OGR support of E00

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 28 18:16:19 EDT 2005

> Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't look like OGR can open an
> E00 file directly.  Is this true?  If so, are there any plans to
> supportthis in the future?

Further to Frank's comments, at the time, we were only interested in OGR support for data layers that we wanted to serve up with MapServer.  Because the performance of an E00 driver, as far as I know, would be fairly poor in a real-time environment - it wasn't that important for us.  So we stuck with binary coverages since that was our main data source anyway.

That said, I also agree that it would be nice to have an E00 driver for those who are converting data directly to other (more efficient) formats.

Tyler