AW: AW: [Gdal-dev] Building 1.3.1 on Solaris 9 SPARC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 24 13:33:11 EDT 2006

Christian Schaffer wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> thanks for your note.
> I gave 1.3.2b1 a try and it worked out perfectly.
> As shown in thread "building gdal on solaris", I edited cpl_strtod.cpp
>
> There´s just one more line, I have to edit manually with any gdal
> version: Though I configure with
> LDFLAGS=-L/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib32, GDALmake.opt always
> reads LIBS = -lclntsh -L/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib  -lm -lrt -ldl.
> If left like this, gmake throws errors concerning wrong ELF class.
> If I change the line to LIBS = -lclntsh
> -L/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib32  -lm -lrt -ldl it works.
> I guess not really many users configure --with-oci? So for me it´s fine
> as it is, but probably you can give me a hint how to fix this permanently.
>
> I´m more than glad, being able to be of any help. So if you need someone
> to test-compile on Solaris 9 on SPARC or on Solaris 10 on AMD64, please
> let me know.

Christian,

Argg!  These mixed 32bit/64bit issues drive me nuts.

It has been suggested to me that all the configure options like --with-oci
should really include separate options to override the default include
and lib directives.  I think that would be the fix.  I'm not inclined to
add extra "auto-discover" logic for this.

For now, hand editing the GDALmake.opt afterwards is the suggested
solution.