[Gdal-dev] building gdal for OpenZaurus

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Aug 24 15:20:38 EDT 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Yan, I'd suggest you to ask on gcc/libstdc++ mailing list too.
>
> Here is one of my report about similar problem:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2006-02/msg00086.html
>
> and Joe Buck explains:
>
> -----
> It appears that the problem is in the headers; despite the ISO
> requirement, doing
>
> #include <cstring>
>
> on a GNU/Linux RHEL 3 system provides the C-style declaration, for
> versions 3.2.3, 4.0, and 4.1-pre.
> -----

OOOOhhhhh......  I spent about a week fighting similar errors for
another embedded project....  Turned out that platform was running
4.1-pre, which (I guess) is completely broken for cross-compiling
purposes....  I wish I had seen that message before I spent that week
bashing my head against the wall.  :-)

gcc 3.4.4 seems to be most stable for cross-compiling.

Anyway, gdal is built for OpenZaurs 3.5.4.2-rc2  :-)

Available at http://www.seiner.com/zaurus if anyone needs it.

--Yan