[Gdal-dev] Re: Gdal-dev Digest, Vol 30, Issue 72

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Dec 1 03:33:11 EST 2006

Jean-Daniel GONON wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I could solve my last problem, I thought  it was because of XERCES-C
>>> 2.7.0 (but it was a bad include library).
>>>
>>> Now, I have an other problem, still about GDAL/OGR-1.3.2 (in original
>>> version, with XERCES-C 2.7.0 moreover).
>>> Compilation of gdal.DLL is good, but using of gdal.dll by ogrinfo.exe
>>> generates two errors in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
>>> 2003\Vc7\crt\src\dbgheap.c" file (at the lines 1132 and 1138).
>>
>> Jean,
>>
>> This error indicates there must be a bug somewhere that causes heap
>> corruption. The assertion caught in dbgheap.c file comes from free()
>> function and says something like this:
>> "you're trying to free block of memory that can't be deallocated because
>> of invalid type - not deallocable block."
>>
>> Unfortunately, without more details, I can't see how to track the
>> problem down and to find where is the problem in GDAL/ogrinfo.exe.
>>
>> Could you provide more details about:
>> 1. How did you compile GDAL? Using provided makefile.vc?
>> 2. What operation do you do using ogrinfo.exe?
>> 3. What dataset do you use and can you provide them for testing?
>
> Good morning Mateusz,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> 1. I compile GDAL/OGR by MS Visual C++ 2003 (.Net). I don't use makefile.vc.

Hi Jean,

I understand you use Visual C++ 2003 compiler.
But do you use your own project files and compile GDAL from the Visual
C++ IDE ?

If you use VC++ project files, please check if you use the same
compilation flags in the project file as specified in namek.opt file:

http://www.gdal.org/srctree/nmake.opt

as OPTFLAGS, especially if you use /MD flag.

> 2. First I have to include "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat" in command line.

Hmm, I'm confused.
Previously, you're saying you don't compile GDAL using makefile.vc but
here you're saying that you calls vsvars32.bat to configure command line
environment.
Please, explain exactly how do you build GDAL.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net