[Gdal-dev] Any possibility of static compile?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 3 23:52:44 EST 2006

I need to do a static compile of my app.  I've been able to compile
Shapelib, proj, geotiff, and a few other libraries statically so
far.

I'd like to get GDAL compiled in, of which we use some of the OGR
functions, but I recall reading earlier about some problems with
static compiles of GDAL.  Is there a way to get OGR or the full
GDAL/OGR library compiled statically these days?

There's also a way under Linux Standard Base rules to distribute a
shared library along with the application, so that's my backup plan.
I'd much rather distribute the entire thing statically linked if
possible though.  Any hope?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer