[Gdal-dev] gdal_merge.py Gtiff files with -pct losing color"

Dori izzybitsie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:42:11 EST 2006

A few days ago I posted a message regarding composing satellite images
Geotiff in one final image. All inputs were 1 band images created with same
options. I posted the info obtained using gdalinfo and Image Magick for one
of the input images.
When running gdal-merge.py without -pct option, I obtain a grey scale output
image.  Not the desired result.
When running gdal-merge with the "-pct" then, I obtain a full black image.
Frank requested me to send one of the input images, but this Email never
made it to the list due to the size of the file.
A gzip, tar version of one of the input images can be downloaded from:
http://www.mediamax.com/izzybitsie/Hosted/AS_GMSNO_00_20061122205548.tif.gz.

Could anyone give me a hint on what is wrong with these images that
gdal-merge.py cannot compose?

Thanks