[Gdal-dev] 1.4.0 beta 1 compiles in MinGW but Perl wrappers had some problems (now fixed hopefully)

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue Dec 5 18:28:47 EST 2006

The 1.4.0 compiles in MinGW (MSYS in fact). My only problem was from
configure, which uses `$PG_CONFIG --libdir` when it checks for PQconnect
in libpq (when including the PostGIS driver). The backticks or something
else adds ^A that I presume makes the check fail.

I use GTK+ for Windows (gives me libtiff and libz) and PostGIS (gives
libgeos and libproj binaries - the dev files need to be get from the
source packages). PostGIS contains *libproj.dll* but logics in ogrct.cpp
hardcode *proj.dll* into libgdal for MinGW. This was/is in the bugzilla,
but it is easy to quickly fix also so that under __CYGWIN__ and
__MINGW32__ LIBNAME becomes libproj.dll. (I'm not committing changes to
that part of OGR though)

I'm also missing the capability in OGR to ignore M value for points. I
have a patch to add that capability for myself.

I updated the Perl wrappers in CVS, two of them were re-generated in the
release process I guess, but they did not compile in my system for some
reason. I remade them with swig 1.3.29 in my system. The GDAL.pm was
also re-generated. With that file there is a problem, the GNUmakefile
says/echoes it but it's not very easy to note, that it needs to be
hand-edited to contain four lines of code in the beginning. I have just
not got into investigating what is the best way to make that change
automatic. Tom Kralidis had similar problem with MapServer/Perl.

The test codes work as before - they fail because some problem in
Set/GetGeoTransform in RST driver and OFTInteger/OFTReal problem in
Shapefiles - I guess I should add an explicit set field width to fix that.

Cheers,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma