[Gdal-dev] ENVISAT data comes out left-right fliped

Julien Demaria dem at acri-st.fr
Fri Feb 3 03:36:44 EST 2006

Joaquim,

This isn't a bug.
MERIS Envisat files are geolocated using a GCPs list (in fact one GCP
every 16 pixels). In the swath the file is left-right fliped, but it's
the specifications. If you want apply the GCPs projection and then flip
LR the file, you should use the gdalwarp GDAL utility:
gdalwarp MER_RR__1_Mediterranean.n1 MER_RR__1_Mediterranean.tif
(tested on Linux with FWTools-linux-1.0.0a7).

I've successfully viewed your file using FWTools OpenEV (FWTools1.0.0a8
on Windows). With it you can directly display (unflipped) your .n1 file
since OpenEV reproject on-the-fly the file using GCPs :)

Regards,

Julien