[Gdal-dev] ECW small problem

Ivan Mjartan ivan.mjartan at geovap.cz
Fri Feb 3 10:37:32 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have one question about minimum size of ECW raster

I tried create small ecw files and I tested that is no possible create smaller raster than 130*130px.

So what is possible minimum size of ECW?

I tried use gdal_translate.exe to create ecw from bitmap (Windows Device Independent Bitmap) 1505*130px and I got this error

ERROR 4: File c:\temp\testGdalAPP\t_2_2.ecw has unsupported number of bits per pixel.

What it means?

I don't understand because when I tried use gdal_translate.exe to create ecw from 3000*130 px bitmap(Windows Device Independent Bitmap) everything was fine.

Can somebody explain relation ECW <-> raster width and height

I am using gdal 13 and ECW SDK 3.3

Thank you very much

Ivan Mjartan