[Gdal-dev] Problem about reading S57 String Field

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 6 15:40:35 EST 2006

On 2/5/06, qyhu at mmc.shmtu.edu.cn <qyhu at mmc.shmtu.edu.cn> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to read S57 files by using OGR,but every time when I read the
> name of light (OBJNAM field of LIGHTS layer), null is returned even the
> light has a name.Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Hu,

If you are convinced that a particular object should
name a value in the OBJNAM field, then please
file a bug on the issue, and either attach the dataset
to the bug report, or email it directly to me if it is private
data.   The bug report will need to contain details of
what feature you think is missing the OBJNAM
value, and perhaps an indication of why you think that.

After confirming the value is missing with ogrinfo I
will next use 8211view (or even 8211dump) to inspect
the .000 file and try to find if the value is in it.  If so, I
will track through the code to find out where it gets
lost.

If you can show the same feature in an 8211view
report in the bug report, this will save me some time
tracking down the problem.