[Gdal-dev] gdaltranslate

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 14:25:36 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, salah jubeh <s_jubeh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I am using gdal translate to translate files to Ascii format i face a  problem in ascii tags one of the tags is missing which is  "NODATA_value".
>
>   is it abug or not and how i can fix it.

Salah,

Within the last week or so I extended the ASCII Grid
(AAIGRID) driver to support putting the NODATA keyword
in the output .hdr file.  So, if you are building from source,
do grab the latest CVS snapshot.

Note, I emit the keyword NODATA, rather than NODATA_value.
I'm not sure why both exist, but the reader will accept either.
However, the whitepaper I have, and allmost all the examples
just use NODATA so I had the writer produce that.