[Gdal-dev] harmonize ogrinfo extents reporting (gdal utilities)

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Feb 7 14:43:29 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to use ogrinfo to get the extents of a shapefile and then
clip a raster to match using gdal_translate. Both datasets are in the
same projection. However the numbers returned by ogrinfo aren't in the
same order as that exptected by gdal_translate's -projwin.

I'm forever getting it wrong the first two or three times when I try and
do the mental flipflops to get the numbers right for gdal_translate.
Would it be possible to get ogr to return in the same order as gdal
expects? Or can someone tell me what the ogr order is right now and I
can do up a cheat sheet?

thanks :)

--
matt wilkie