[Gdal-dev] ECW File open failed

Tom Lynch tflynch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:36:06 EST 2006

Hi all,

Please do not download that preliminary cut of RC2 (actually, it's no
longer available).  I was just fooling about with our download
management system, a flaw in which happened to expose a new
distribution.  As you may have noticed, the download page was not
linked to from anywhere on the ER Mapper site.  I imagine it would've
required a fair bit of enthusiasm to actually find :-)

I will be putting up the actual cut later this afternoon (Australian
time), with which I've been using GDAL with a fair degree of success.

Ken, earlier today I had access to a Suse 64-bit machine and was able
to verify that the SDK built correctly and all the sample code that
ships with it ran correctly, or at least as far as I was able to
establish that without running large compressions.  I have not tested
against GDAL on that platform, but it wouldn't surprise me if I
obtained a similar result.

This release candidate is not intended to provide 64-bit support on
Linux, however if you bear with us the source tree should be available
on public CVS before too long, at which point patches will be
available more readily.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Tom.

--