[Gdal-dev] Can't open a sid image under Russian locale

Sean Forde sforde at lizardtech.com
Fri Feb 10 19:13:13 EST 2006

Peng,

I am not sure what the convention for the encoding of GDALOpenInfo->pszFileName. The mrsid driver expects poOpenInfo->pszFilename to be in OS-native encoding. If you are passing in UTF8, then it will be garbled.

I am not sure if this is a bug in the driver (i.e. should we be expecting poOpenInfo->pszFilename to be UTF8). If any one has clues as to the conventions/requirments of poOpenInfo->pszFilename, that would be helpful.

	-Sean