Fwd: [Gdal-dev] ECW JPEG 2000 SDK 3.3 RC2 now online

Tom Lynch tflynch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:16:53 EST 2006

On 2/21/06, Howard Butler <hobu at iastate.edu> wrote:
> An out-of-the-box ./configure and make on OSX gcc 4.0.1 died in a
> flurry of errors for me.  RC1 would not link properly.
>
> Is there any possibility of an ECW-dev maillist and a public CVS so
> we can track things?

Hi folks,

Sorry about the tardiness of my response, I've been migrating
interstate for the past week and a half and only just got my work
things set up again.

I think there is a good possibility of public CVS.  We have been
considering it for a while now.  It's a question of fitting the move
around our development schedule.  I would like to see mainly for the
exact reason mentioned - it would make it much easier to update the
files to resolve minor portability issues.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding POSIX threads on Mac OS X and a
possible workaround for our problem in Python.  It is a weird one ...
my preferred option would be for Apple to just make it work as
everything else does, but that's been on the agenda without happening
since Jaguar apparently :-)

Tom.

--
Tom Lynch