[Gdal-dev] SWIG Unified Type Maps

Charlie Savage cfis at interserv.com
Sat Jan 14 16:58:59 EST 2006

Just a heads up - the upcoming SWIG 1.3.28 release (no date set yet, but
I think sometime soon) has unified the typemaps used by Perl, Ruby,
Python and TCL.  What that means for GDAL is that we could probably take
the separate typemap files we have for those four languages at combine
them together at some point in the future, resulting in less code to
maintain.  There is one caveat though, which is all the basic types are
unified but I don't think Arrays are yet.  Since there is a fair bit of
use of Arrays in GDAL, we would have to work around that (which
shouldn't be too hard really).

Thanks,

Charlie