[Gdal-dev] ELAS

Simpson asimpson at i-55.com
Sat Jan 28 19:51:30 EST 2006

Hello,

I am running gdal 1.2.6.0 on Linux and would like to read ELAS files
natively instead of dumping out to tif first.
'gdalinfo --formats' lists ELAS, but when executing 'gdalinfo
some_elas_file.geo', I get 'not recognised as a supported file format'.
Do I have to provide command line switch to tell it to use ELAS?
The version of ELAS may be slightly newer than what the gdal ELAS code was
developed for, but was told by developers the file structure hasn't changed.

Thanks for any info,
Drew.