[Gdal-dev] ArcView binary raster support

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Jul 4 12:08:49 EDT 2006

Hi Vincent and interested coders,

> Would it be possible to add support to gdal for native ArcView raster
>  files, including other datatypes than simple ints, and (basic)
> projection support?
> BTW I send this message to the list rather than directly to Frank
> because maybe others are interested too and willing to share the cost
> :-)

I think the ESRI format most likely to be recognised and utilised across
the widest range of versions of ArcView & ArcGIS is ArcInfo GRID (the
'aig' driver to gdal).

I'm not in a position to offer sharing of costs but I can certainly
provide GRID rasters across the range of int types and projections for
anyone who is interested in developing an AIG write driver for gdal and
needs sample data.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie