[Gdal-dev] Problem with HDF4 samples

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Thu Jul 13 06:40:26 EDT 2006

________________________________

From: gdal-dev-bounces at lists.maptools.org
[mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at lists.maptools.org] On Behalf Of Daniele
Romagnoli
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:08 AM
To: gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org
Subject: [Gdal-dev] Problem with HDF4 samples

Hi list,
I'm trying to exploit the HDF4 files provided in the GDAL samples
download area:
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/gdal/data/hdf4 or
ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/data/hdf4

However, when trying to open them (as an instance, by using gdalinfo in
order to check available datasets), I get this error:

ERROR 4:
`d:\DatiPlugin\MO36MW14.chlor_MODIS.ADD2001089.004.2002186190207.hdf'
not recognised as a supported file format.

Someone can help me?

If the 2 files aren't valid samples, where I can find some working HDF4
sample to use with GDAL?

Thx a lot.
--
Best Regards,
Daniele

Daniele,

Run gdalinfo -formats to see if you have the driver installed, you are
using the gdal you build with c++ on windows recently I guess?

The driver info is here
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_building.html#gdal_building_libra
ries

Norman