[Gdal-dev] Additional questions regarding PHP_OGR (Not sure if it went through)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 26 11:08:59 EDT 2006

Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> Question 2: Does the SHP driver allow update/write of existing
>> files? I don't mind making a copy of the file to work
>> on, but I'd rather not...I can work in SHP or TAB file
>> format.
>>

> I believe it does, will let Frank confirm that.

Ben,

I can confirm that the OGR shapefile driver supports "random update"
of features, including deletion.  You may find you need to repack
the dataset occationally as some space may be lost track of when
deleting or rewriting features.  Hopefully the shapefile driver page
addresses the repack option, otherwise drop me a line.

>> Question 5:
>> I currently do not have an internet connection at
>> home. Is there a downloadable copy of all the OGR API
>> information found on the DOxygen website?
>>

> I don't know if a copy is available for download somewhere, perhaps
> check in the GDAL source package. If it's not there then you should be
> able to generate a local copy of all the docs using the 'make docs' GDAL
> makefile target (which uses doxygen).

I also try to prepare a downloadable copy of the documentation / website
for each release, so you can grab:

   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal132doc.zip