[Gdal-dev] gdaltindex on numerous files

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Wed Jun 14 10:19:52 EDT 2006

Tom,

Is it possible xargs can do the trick to fix the 'argument list is too long'?

See <http://freebooks.by.ru/view/ShellProgIn24h/31480122.htm>

I don't know if gdaltindex can do absolute paths, but if you want to
create custom tileindexes in any special way, you might look at
Sean's scripts from the OSGIS '05 Hacks workshop.
<http://hobu.biz/software/OSGIS_Hacks/python_OSGIS_hacks_aggregation.pdf>

Howard