[Gdal-dev] Level 2 caching mechanism question

Daniele Romagnoli dany.geotools at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 04:14:55 EDT 2006

Hi guys.
I'm writing a brief report on some GDAL capabilities and I would want to
know if I have correctly understood the level 2 caching mechanism.

Anyone can briefly summarize to me, how such a mechanism works as well as
its advantages?

Maybe, I have found the answer by analyzing GDAL sourcecode (IRasterIO
method and Co.).  (As an instance, If there are more than 64 blocks in a
row, then the sub blocking is activated by grouping 64 blocks at once in
greater subblocks...)

But I would like to have a better vision of the mechanism prior to write
wrong things.
Anyone could help me please?

Excuse me for my stupid question ^_^

Thanks a lot.