[Gdal-dev] GMT to Geotiff, transform and recolor

jluis jluis at ualg.pt
Wed Mar 1 09:15:31 EST 2006

Andrea Aime wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if with GDAL I could take a GMT grid file, transform
> it into a GeoTiff, and assign a color table to the values at the same time.
> I have looked at the gdal_translate tool, but it does not seem to support
> re-coloring.

Andrea,
You can try one other aproach.
Create your image in ps using gmt (grdimage, grdview). Don't use the -B
option (which plot the frame and anotations). Use ps2raster
(new in 4.1 version) to do the conversion ps->tiff. Write a .tfw file
using the output of grdinfo on the grid used to produce the ps image.
You can now use gdal_translate to convert the tiffedPS.tiff + .tfw into
a geotiff image.

Joaquim Luis