[Gdal-dev] [GDAL_Contours]Different gridcellsizes

Rob Cairns iotc at 3i.co.za
Fri Mar 3 22:10:11 EST 2006

Hi Frank and Paul

I hope you don't mind me chipping in on this discussion. I am also
currently using the gdal_contour function via MapWindow and it is a
fantastic utility. However, from previous correspondence with Paul on the
MapWindow forum, we noticed that gdal seems to push the contour up and to
the right of the cell. The attached hypothetical ASCII grid and picture
will show what I mean. In the picture, the blue line is where I would
expect the contour to be and the red line is where gdal actually draws the
contour - on the top and right of the cells with the value of the contour
elevation. I wondered if this was a bug or whether I'm missing something
the function "saddles" between elevations.

Regards Rob