[Gdal-dev] GDAL + Link Error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 9 08:50:05 EST 2006

salah jubeh wrote:
> I have edited gdal  nmake.opt to specify the hdf location folder , i
> specefy it like this
>
> # Uncomment the following and update to enable NCSA HDF Release 4 support.
> HDF4_DIR = C:\projects\42r1-win\release
> HDF4_LIB = /LIBPATH:$(HDF4_DIR)\lib Ws2_32.lib
>
> why i get the link error
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'HD421m.lib'
>
> I checked this file and it is exist in
> C:\projects\42r1-win\release\dll

Salah,

I would suggest you change to something like:

HDF4_DIR = C:\projects\42r1-win
HDF4_LIB = /LIBPATH:$(HDF4_DIR)\release\dll Ws2_32.lib

It seems the NCSA has changed the layout of their distributed
binaries.

> Also what is Ws2_32.! lib i have nothing like this in the HDF
> distribution folder.

It is a Microsoft library.  I can't recall what it does, though you
could check in google.