[Gdal-dev] VRT file creation from multiple geotiff files

list67 at netscape.net list67 at netscape.net
Tue Mar 21 11:20:29 EST 2006

Hi.  I have many geotiff files.  I think that they are all the same projection and resolution.  They are all either adjacent or overlap each other.  I'd like for GDAL to treat them as a single dataset.  My current method for accomplishing this is to run gdal_merge and create a single .img file, and then pass that filename to GDAL.

Is there a more immediate method?  For example, could all the geotiffs be referenced by a single .vrt file?  If so, is there a program that can generate that .vrt file?

Thank you for your time.

    Mike

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.