[Gdal-dev] gdaladdo problems on an Mac OS X Panther

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 22 12:59:59 EST 2006

Poking around some more today.

- Wrong "StripByteCounts" - looks like that comes from a new
validation check in libtiff 3.8.0 (you should not get this warning in
3.7.4).  So, that spot tif may really be corrupt.  The SPOT tif you
made available, was that converted with the previous version of GIS
Libs when it seemed to work?

I converted the HDF with the new versions (libtiff 3.8.1/GDAL 1.3.1)
and gdaladdo did not give these warnings.  In fact, I didn't get any
block errors either.  At least, up to level 32 overview.  As soon as
I add level 64, I get StripByteCounts warnings AND block errors, and
it's right away, BTW, not when it gets to the point of doing lvl 64.

When I add the average resampling, the StripByteCounts warnings
always come up and the block errors start at lvl 8.  But the block
errors only display when it gets to processing that level.  Just like
my previous tests with the old SPOT tiff.

Still clueless why the LZW compression is causing bus errors and seg
faults in some cases.

Any ideas yet, Frank?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro