[Gdal-dev] pixel spacing of gdal2xyz.py

Xiaodong Zhang zhang at aero.und.edu
Thu Mar 30 13:34:21 EST 2006

Dear list members,

I need your help!

I'm using gdal2xyz.py to extract data from Landsat images into an ASCII
file in a format of x, y, data1, data2, ...
The requirement is to output longitude (as x) and latitude (as y) and
the original image is in non-geographic projection (e.g., Lambert, UTM,
etc). What I did was to
1) use gdal utility to convert the image into geographic project (lat
and lon)
2) run gdal2xyz.py to extract the data.

The problem I'm having is that the pixel spacing is not 30 m by 30 m (x
spacing shorter than and y spacing larger than 30 m). The original image
pixel size is 30x30 and the grid data extracted using ArcGIS is also
30x30. My questions are 1) what could be wrong; and 2) are there other
better ways of doing this

Thanks
Xiaodong

Xiaodong Zhang
Department of Earth System Science & Policy
Clifford Hall, Box 9011
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9011
Tel. (701)777-6087 | Fax. (701)777-2940