[Gdal-dev] Re: ruby bindings not compiling from CVS

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Tue May 2 16:27:05 EDT 2006

At 01:21 PM 5/2/2006, Charlie Savage wrote:
>The error on the build box is that the -autorename SWIG switch is in
>SWIG 1.3.28 and higher.
>
>Thought Ari upgraded Perl to use SWIG 1.3.29?  The current CVS ruby
>swig wrapper cxx files are from 1.3.28 if I remember correctly.  Any
>reason not to use those as opposed to generating new ones when building?

That's the build farm for GDAL until we can get things moved to
TelaScience.  I thought it would be prudent to force complete
building of everything to fully see the impact of changes.  Whether
or not to use the latest and greatest SWIG is an issue though.

>What were the changes in the makefiles that might cause issues?

Andrey made some changes to remove the GDAL_ROOT variable and point
directly to the GDALMake.opt file.  I know a couple of makefiles in
the swig directory were missed, and I updated them, but I may have
screwed something else up in the process.

Howard