[Gdal-dev] mean value of rasters

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Fri May 5 18:19:59 EDT 2006

I tried in R and came very close.  My script looked something like this
(just to make sure things were working):

library(rgdal)
ds <- GDAL.open("C:/path/test.tif")
vals <- getRasterData(ds)
GDAL.close(ds)
write.table(vals, "C:/path/out.txt")

But when I look at that file as an ASCII grid (which makes sense to do,
right?) my original image is rotated 90 degrees and doubled.
Am I missing something about the rgdal component?  Seems that it should
have worked...

Thanks,

Chris