[Gdal-dev] Grid based transformation with ogr2ogr

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 9 11:38:05 EDT 2006

Martin Daly wrote:
> Stop right there, you and your "non-standard extension or two to WKT".
 >
> Can you use the "AUTHORITY" WKT construct (<authority> =
> AUTHORITY["<name>", "<code>"]), e.g. something like [AUTHORITY="PROJ.4",
> "PROJ.4 definition goes here"]?

Martin,

Can we have more than one authority entry for a single object?  The logical
place for encoding special information in an authority node would be on
the DATUM but the datum already often has a meaningful relationship to an
EPSG code which I am loath to discard.

Overall, I'm not too keen on embedding a lot of special information in
the authority field.  I'd almost be keener on a special hack to put it into
the name.  I really wish WKT had a "comments" construct to dump this sort
of stuff into.