[Gdal-dev] just trying to install/import

Jeremy Freund jeremy.freund at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:35:02 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use the GDAL API with PythonWin 2.4 on XP. I have yet to be
able to get to the point at which I can type "import gdal" without an error.
Obviously, there's some sort of path issue or other such user error. I've
installed the GDAl API by downloading the zip file, unzipping and then
appending this path to the Python path. What more do I need to do to put the
GDAL API in the python path? Please, any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeremy