[Gdal-dev] can not perform "gdal_merge.py", "gdal_rgb2pct.py" and "pct2rgb.py"

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at gmail.com
Tue May 23 06:42:12 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

to solve my last problem I am trying to merge all the GIFs into one large
TIF file usding the command gdal_merge.py, but the error message says that
no such a command can be found, and even if type rgb2pct.py, pct2rgb.py and
gdal-config the same error message apppears again and again. I've checked
the version of my GDAL using the gdalinfo --version command, it gives "GDAL
1.3.1.0, released 2005/10/04".

should I update my GDAL? or the commands really do not work?

zhonghai

23.05.2006