[Gdal-dev] installing gdal

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed May 24 14:16:27 EDT 2006

Ok, I managed to get gdal installed after I disabled libtool during
configure:

./configure --with-png=internal --with-jpeg=internal --with-gif=internal
--with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal --with-libz=internal
--without-pg --without-ogdi --with-python --with-threads=yes --with-sqlite
--without-grass --without-libgrass --enable-shared --without-libtool

I then did make and make install, no errors whatsoever.

I checked my installation with gdal_translate:

/usr/local/gdal-1.3.2$ gdal_translate --formats
Supported Formats:
Segmentation fault

Any ideas what happened here? I thought I had a clean installation there for
a second.

~ Eric.