[Gdal-dev] Building DLL's on Windows

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue May 30 01:26:25 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> Ari,
>
> My suggestion would be to use VC++ or MINGW to build your DLL.  Cygwin's
> gcc includes funky dependencies on a cygwin DLL that *might* not play well
> with non-cygwin components.

libral uses variable length macros, which is AFAIK not in VC++, so MINGW
is the 2nd choice then. I looked at it and installed it but the docs did
not look very good for developing DLL's. Is there somewhere a simple
example (a Makefile or something) of creating a DLL with MinGW?

Thanks

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics