[Gdal-dev] Extracting subimage in GDAL

Ozy Sjahputera sjahputerao at missouri.edu
Mon Nov 6 15:17:02 EST 2006

Greetings,

I am new to GDAL so I apologize if this topic has been discussed
before.  I used Google to search for several key words -- like
"subimage" -- in the list archives.  The only one I found to be close is
this: http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2004-May/002776.html
where Frank pointed out the use of GDAL utility gdal_translate() to
extract sub-images.

I need to extract subimage by specifying the new UL and LR coordinates
(in UTM).  I understand that gdal_translate with -projwin option can do
this.  However, I need to do this as a function call within a CPP
program.  Is there a function in GDAL library that is equivalent to the
utility gdal_translate?  Or where can I find the source code for
gdal_translate if I want to learn more about how gdal_translate is
implemented?

Thanks

Oz