[Gdal-dev] gdal install errors

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Nov 9 12:09:22 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 10:27:33AM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Martin Wegmann wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I tried on a fresh debian testing system to install the official gdal
> >1.3.2 source code and the cvs code (today), both resulted in the error
> >messages below when executing make.
> >
> >Any hint, how to fix it is appreciated.
> >
> >regards, Martin
>
> Martin,
>
> Could you try this with a CVS snapshot to verify this isn't already fixed
> since spring?  You might also try installing GDAL without GRASS support,
> and then building and installing the grass driver as a plugin.  This can
> be done using:
>
>   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-grass-1.3.2.tar.gz
>
> The plugin is more used, and better tested these days.

I have put my configure scripts here, if that helps:

http://mpa.itc.it/markus/useful/
->  conf_gdal_64bit.sh  (easy to "downgrade" to 32bit)
->  conf_install_gdal_ogr_grass_plugin.sh

The second does configure including compilation.

Some RPM SPEC files are here:
http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/linux/spec/

cheers
Markus