[Gdal-dev] gdal install errors

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Nov 15 12:12:09 EST 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 17:32, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thursday 09 November 2006 16:27, you wrote:
> > Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I tried on a fresh debian testing system to install the official gdal
> > > 1.3.2 source code and the cvs code (today), both resulted in the error
> > > messages below when executing make.
> > >
> > > Any hint, how to fix it is appreciated.
> > >
> > > regards, Martin
> >
> > Martin,
> >
> > Could you try this with a CVS snapshot to verify this isn't already fixed
> > since spring?
>
> I tried it with this cvs snapshot:
> % export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot
> % cvs login
> Password: *enter*
> % cvs checkout gdal
>
> > You might also try installing GDAL without GRASS support,
> > and then building and installing the grass driver as a plugin.  This can
> > be done using:
>
> without grass support
>
> It works so far:
> [...]
> g++
> gdal_rasterize.o -o .libs/gdal_rasterize
> /home/baliola/software/gdal_cvs/gdal/.libs/libgdal.so -lpthread -lmfhdf
> -ldf -lgif -lpng -lnetcdf -lcfitsio -L/usr/lib -lpq -lz -lrt -ldl
> -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib creating gdal_rasterize
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/baliola/software/gdal_cvs/gdal/apps'
>

> but when I install gdal-grass:
> ./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
> --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/ make
>
> grass57dataset.cpp: In static member function ‘static GDALDataset*
> GRASSDataset::Open(GDALOpenInfo*)’:
> grass57dataset.cpp:948: error: ‘GPJ_grass_to_wkt’ was not declared in this
> scope
> make: *** [grass57dataset.o] Error 1
>
> it's the same error message like with grass-support, isn't it?
>
> thanks for your help, regards, Martin
>
> >    http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-grass-1.3.2.tar.gz
> >
> > The plugin is more used, and better tested these days.

just for the archive:

fetched fresh cvs source code of GRASS 6.3 and gdal
recompilation of gdal and GRASS with gdal support worked fine

however:
"libgdal.so.1" could not be found even though it was located using  `locate
libgdal` but in /usr/local/lib

hence I added /usr/local/lib/ in
/etc/ld.so.conf and executed "ldconfig"

now GRASS is working with gdal support.