[Gdal-dev] Installation problems: GDAL 1.3.2 on Fedora5 (64Bit)

Rainer Spittel rainer.spittel at terralink.co.nz
Thu Nov 9 22:54:35 EST 2006

Hi Frank

  Unfortunately I can not open a ssh port at the moment. :-( After
making the copy of the shared object from the lib64 to the lib folder,
ldconfig throws a warning:

  ldconfig: libraries libidn.so.11 and libidn.so in directory /usr/lib
have same soname but different type.

  Hmmm, this copy-solution seems to make trouble.

  Now, I just tried to compile PHP and get a similar error message with
another library:

  checking for fabsf... yes
  checking for floorf... yes
  configure: error: libjpeg.(a|so) not found.

  The libjpeg.so is located in the /usr/lib64 folder :-(

  Cheers

Rainer

P.S.: By the way, it's a Fedora 5, not Ubuntu system.