[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr shapefile to S-57 and AML

G C usergstat at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 08:22:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use ogr2ogr to convert a shapefile to S-57 but receive
the
following error:

"Layer Anobj not found, and CreateLayer not supported by driver"

The command lines I entered are:

set OGR_S57_OPTIONS
="RETURN_PRIMITIVES=ON,RETURN_LINKAGES=ON,LNAM_REFS=ON"

and then

ogr2ogr -skipfailures -f S57 eg.000 c:\hurmjr1020\humjr1020.shp

Is it possible to do this type of conversion? If so does anyone know
what the
problem might be?

  Also, can anyone tell me if Additional MIlitary Layers (AML) is supported by GDAL, if so is that reading and creation?  I see some references to it in the NEWS section of the GDAL website but it does not appear under the supported formats.

Thanks in advance,

Gary