[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr MapINfo bug?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sat Nov 25 10:47:07 EST 2006

Frank,

It does appear to be a bug. When I try to create a shapefile using the same
parameters, the result appears to have no geometry associated with it. But
when I use the PostGIS dumper to create the shapefile, I get good results.

I've got samples of both results -- how do I go about filing a bug report?

If I install FWtools will it cause any issues with the Proj4 and GDAL
libraries I've already installed? Also, I'm using GEOS and Proj4 with
PostGIS, so I don't want to break anything there either.