[Gdal-dev] Motion: To approve RFC 6 - Geometry and Feature style as OGR Special Fields

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 27 09:52:02 EST 2006

I'll vote +1.

However, the fact that the special fields take precedence over other
fields with the same names in the data file bugs me a little bit. I do
not have a better suggestion to make, but at a minimum the special field
names and this behavior should be well documented in a prominent place
to avoid users getting caught by this magic.

Perhaps ogrinfo could also be modified to detect this case and issue a
warning if it finds those special fields in a dataset?

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/