[Gdal-dev] Creating VRT datasets

Matt Hanson mhanson at photon.com
Tue Sep 12 10:42:27 EDT 2006

I've found the root of my problem, but I still don't know why it's a problem.

For the CVS version, I had to turn on the /MD switch in my code (multi-thread debug).   However, as near as I can tell there's no difference between the CVS and release versions in this regard.   They are both compiled using /MD (assuming you compile it in Debug which is the default in the nmake.opt file).    I do not have to do this with the release version (though....technically I *should* have to, the mult-thread switch should match between my code and the gdal13.dll, so I don't see why the release version would have worked, but it did I went back and tested it again).

So once I changed that switch the MSVCRT80.dll missing error went away, AND I was able to use the SetMetadataItem function, and the fix worked great.   Thanks Frank!