[Gdal-dev] Enabling Xerces support

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at engr.orst.edu
Thu Sep 14 15:06:07 EDT 2006

I have seen a few threads on this but they all seem to say that version
1.7 is needed but i can no longer find this version of the Xerces site,
only 2.7 is available.  I am using the following configure command

 > ./configure --with-xerces

but when i do this i get the following error:

checking for Xerces C++... requested, but compile or link fails!

g++ -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/xercesc -o conftest
conftest.cpp -L/usr/local/lib -lxerces-c -lpthread -ljpeg -ltiff -lpng
-lpq -L/usr/lib -lpq -lz
-lm -lrt -ldl

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxerces-c

I have complied xerces-c-src_2_7_0 from the source in the directory
/root/xerces-c-src_2_7_0/