[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File" -- Does this even work at all?!?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sun Sep 17 13:07:09 EDT 2006

I've now tried several other data sources (from postgres and from
shapefile) and ogr2ogr never creates a MapInfo table that can be opened by
MI 8.0 or 8.5. However, if I add -dsco FORMAT=MIF and set the
dst_datasource to something with a .MIF extension, it works just fine. So
it looks like something's wrong with the MITAB driver regarding TAB file
creation.

Can anyone else confirm this, or do I have a local problem?