[Gdal-dev] OCI-geometry recognition

humarco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 20 11:19:38 EDT 2006

Dear Stephan and Frank,

QGIS can handle data sources which return multiple geometry types, because it
looks at the beginning of the wkb of each feature what type it has. It just
cannot handle features with geometry type wkbUnknown (and unfortunately 2.5D
geometries...).

Do you mean to make tests on the wkb byte sequence for a feature if it has wkb
type unknown (0) ?

cheers,
Marco