[Gdal-dev] OCI-geometry recognition

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 21 10:02:05 EDT 2006

Stephan Holl wrote:
>> This is not uncommon with different kinds of drivers, so if QGIS
>> can't handle it, I think QGIS should be improved.
>
> In what way? That it can deal with wkbUnknown or that it can 'identify'
> the correct geometry by itself?

Stephan,

Well, I was thinking in terms of working with wkbUnknown in some reasonable
way - even if it ends up having to scan some features to establish a type
or ask the user if it really needs a single geometry type.  Note that there
are drivers which return a mix of geometry types such as DGN, and potentially
OCI.